Sunday, February 6, 2011

I was in Sweden (part 2)








Did you know that Stockholm is made up of fourteen islands? That's why there's so much water! It's ingenious because there seems to be an island for everything, including 'museum island' as I've named it - home to the Museum of Modern Art and Swedish Architecture...oh, and big downward pointing arrows. I picked up an incredible extending (and I mean it re-ally extends man) ruler, and set of 'award winning' erasers for my architect boyfriend in the sprawling gift shop. I think he was impressed.


Museum island (or Skeppsholmen as it is actually called...and by the way it doesn't contain all the museums, just a few of them) was followed by a sighting of many cold little ducks, and the eating of a big fat semla bun at Albert & Jack's, sunset views turned into night-time views, and then there was a little reflective self-portraiture on board a floating boat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment